Your application for True Natural Gas has been approved. Now, you're waiting for your gas line to be connected. Should you be home when the technician comes? And what should you prepare? Here are some answers to some of your questions during this critical process.
Should you be home for the connection?
Once we process your application, you'll know if your meter is locked or active. There are two possible scenarios:
- Locked meter. If your meter is locked, someone over 18 needs to be present during this appointment because the Atlanta Gas Light technician will check all your gas appliances.
- Open and active meter. If your meter is switched on and functional, you don't need to be present. But, make sure the meter and the gas appliances are accessible to the technician.
Who's going to connect the line?
Atlanta Gas Light employees will connect your natural gas line connection. The technicians will arrive at your home in an Atlanta Gas Light vehicle and provide you with the necessary identification if you ask them. If you're wondering why the technicians connecting your gas will be arriving in an AGL vehicle, it's because AGL is the gas distributor and is in charge of securing the gas lines.
How long does it take to connect the line?
The duration for connecting the line — especially for True Natural Gas connections — will depend on a couple of factors: what needs to be done at your home and how many appliances the technician needs to connect to the gas line. But don't worry. The Atlanta Gas Light technician will work efficiently and safely to establish the gas connection in your home.
What should you prepare?
To make the work go faster, prepare the following:
- Make sure your gas meter is accessible. Unlock gates and other things that might restrict the technician's access to the meter.
- If you have pets, secure them before the technician arrives.
- Make sure the gas appliances are accessible as well.
If you have any more questions not covered above, contact True Natural Gas’s friendly customer service team. You can get in touch with us by phone, in person, or online. We're always ready to answer any of your questions.